First Tesla in Trinidad
So it's a normal Thursday night and I'm in bed with my phone. Boom. I see a post that the first Tesla to reach Trinidad has happened. I go crazy. This is major. So I began trying to get as much info as possible. The vehicle is for show and was brought in by Smart Energy Limited. Kudos to them. Here are some preliminary photos courtesy of them. I hope to get some more in the future. The Tesla is expected to be on display at Movietowne next week Saturday from 10am to 10pm (to be confirmed). Stay tuned to their facebook page to confirm this. This is major and I am super excited. Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
Update 1 : A question was posed about whether the car can be registered seeing that the engine does not carry a CC measurement. I was told that it can and got some additional information.
- They will be bringing in more
- It will have a warranty period
- Soon all taxes will be removed, no MVT so CC doesn't apply
- Planned : A few garages for maintenance
- Planned : Charging stations (Solar powered ones also)
- They will lobby for incentives
- They will promote a carbon free transportation system and legislation to factor in self driving cars
Update 3 : Yo Pro is also having an event. This an other events are listed on their website under the Events tab where you can also sign up for emailed updates. These projects will be branded as Smart Energy Initiatives.